Sunday, January 29, 2012
recycle old mags
i'm trying out the collage/montage method of tutorials again so...
2. fold them in half, and then into thirds
3. start rolling the first strip-it's harder to get started but you want to pinch the corners to get the square shape
4. when you add new strips be sure overlap the new one a little bit
5. keep adding strips
6. add strips until the base is about the size you want-mine is roughly palm sized
7. now start on the sides-place the glue along the top edge of the existing strips
8. place the new strip slightly higher than the existing strips-the higher you place it, the more vertical the walls will be. the lower you place it, the more flared or V-shaped the walls will be
9. keep adding strips
somehow i lost the photos i took of finishing the top edge?? basically, instead of placing the new strip higher, gradually lower the new strip until the top edge of the bowl is flat.
they're pretty useful little bowls, and i used less than half the magazine so i could make more...i think a pencil cup may be in order...?